Fishing at Daventry Country Park
The reservoir is open all year round and fishing is permitted from dawn to dusk. No night fishing is allowed at any time.
All anglers over the age of 13 must possess a valid Environment Agency rod licence.
Day tickets are available in advance from the Rangers office.
|Adult (up to 2 rods)||£8|
|Concession (up to 2 rods)||£3|
|Junior (one rod only)||£3|
- Fishing is not permitted within the Local Nature Reserve
- Maximum 2 rods per angler
- Baited rods must not be left unattended at any time
- Barbless hooks must be used (semi barbless trebles for pike)
- Any unused bait must be removed from site and not thrown in the reservoir
- No nets are permitted other than keep nets
- All fish caught must be returned to the water
- Fires are not permitted
- All litter must be removed and taken off site for disposal or recycling
- Vehicles can only be parked in the designated car park and standard car parking charges apply
- Anglers must abide by the general park bylaws. Any infringement of these rules or other anti-social activities witnessed must be reported to the rangers
West Northamptonshire Council maintains the right to ban any fishing method or bait it deems to be causing harm to fish or wildlife.
The Council reserves the right to use any area of the reservoir for its own purposes (such as pond dipping or conservation tasks) and to reserve areas of bank.
The Council also maintains the right to suspend all fishing and access to the park or certain areas of the park in extreme circumstances such as a risk to public safety.
Last updated 30 August 2023