Northamptonshire Central Library - WNC
How to contact this service
Northamptonshire Central Library is West Northamptonshire's flagship library. It contains a dedicated Business & IP Centre and a 'Discover' local history area.
There are charged-for parking bays on Abington Street where the library entrance is located.
Alternatively, the nearest public car park is behind the library in the Ridings. This offers short stay (maximum 3 hours), charged-for parking.
Toilet for under 5s and parents, baby changing facilities available.
This library is wheelchair accessible.
Business & IP Centre Northamptonshire
Northamptonshire Central Library holds subscriptions to online business resources and runs information and advice sessions and workshops on self-employment and intellectual property for entrepreneurs, inventors and small businesses.
Find out more about business support in libraries.
Local and Family History
Northamptonshire Central Library holds a large collection of local and family history resources in their 'Discover' area.
The Discover area has different opening hours to the main library - you can view these on the local and family history page.
Services at This Library
- Activities for under 5s
- Blue Badges - Help with online applications is by appointment only - to book, contact West Northamptonshire Council
- Breastfeeding in libraries
- Business support
- Computers, internet, wifi, and printing
- Disabled person's bus pass - Library staff can assist you with online disabled bus pass applications
- Older person's bus pass - Library staff can assist you with online older person's bus pass applications
- Information and enquiry service - Answers Plus
- Joining the library
- Music and playsets hire - fees and charges
- Room hire
- Study Happy with Northamptonshire Libraries
- Additional languages
- Translation and/or Interpreting Available on Request
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 0 to 99 years
- Referral Route
- No Referral Needed
- Type of Service
- Local Government Department
- Eligibility Criteria
- Open to Everyone
- Provider Category
- Universal Services - Suitable for Everyone
- Special Needs
- Suitable for Everyone
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 15 May 2023