Sport and sport clubs
Sport England is an arms-length body of government responsible for growing and developing grassroots sport and getting more people active across England.
Sport England has a wide range of guidance, support and funding for clubs, Parish Councils and organisations. Their website has links to National Governing Bodies, Safeguarding, Facilities and Planning.
WNC works in partnership with Northamptonshire Sport in delivering a wide range of sports club activities across West Northamptonshire.
Northamptonshire Sport provides a range of information on local sports clubs, sports volunteers and physical activity.
Please see links below to only a few of the many clubs/sports on offer in Northamptonshire:
Blisworth walking football - every Tuesday 10:30am to 11:30am
- Open to anyone over 50
- Hosted at Blisworth Football Club
- Kieren delivers a variety of different drills that focus on each participant developing their football skills whilst exercising at the same time
- Everyone is encouraged to play at their own pace and it’s all about having fun and exercising with a smile on your face
Wildcats girls football sessions - every Wednesday 4:00pm to 5:00pm
- For girls aged 5 to 11
- Hosted at Towcester Centre for Leisure
- Kieren’s sessions create an opportunity for girls aged 5 to 11 to get involved in football as well as encouraging friendships, character-building and fitness/healthy lifestyles
- Wildcats Girls’ Football Club aims to be a safe environment where girls can have fun, develop new skills and create foundations for a lifelong love of sport
If you are interested in taking part in a session, or have any questions, please email Kieren Westbury, Youth Activator at [email protected]
Last updated 21 February 2024