Environmental permits

Certain industrial installations that have the potential to cause pollution are required to have a pollution permit before they operate. There are three types of process classification:

  • A1 installations are regulated by the Environment Agency
  • A2 and Part B installations are regulated by West Northamptonshire Council

Anyone operating an A2 or B installations must submit an application to us with the appropriate fee. The application will need to be consulted upon, and a copy made available for the public to inspect.

Select your local area for more information:

If your area isn't listed, you may be a resident of North Northamptonshire.

Why information is on a different website
We are in the process of adding information to this new unitary council website. Some pages will give you a link back to a previous council website to help you find what you need. Read more about the changes.