About the Virtual School
The Virtual School is a team of experienced teachers and dedicated educational professionals. We promote, and support the educational attainment and progress of Northamptonshire's children in care and children previously in care.
We do this by:
- championing the educational needs of children in care
- providing advice and information to education settings
- monitoring the attendance and educational progress of children in care
- supporting education settings to complete effective and high-quality Personal Education Plans (PEPs)
- promoting a culture which takes into account the child's views, and helps their view shape their PEP
- providing dedicated training for education settings, designated teachers, social workers and carers
- organising and delivering participation activities to provide children with new experiences
- allocating Pupil Premium Plus (PP+) funding for eligible statutory school age children in care
- working with education settings to ensure PP+ funding is used effectively to promote each child's educational attainment and progress
- promoting the educational achievement of previously looked-after children by providing information and advice to parents, guardians and educators
Why information is on a different website
We are in the process of adding information to this new unitary council website. Some pages will give you a link back to a previous council website to help you find what you need. Read more about the council changes.
Last updated 11 April 2022