Missed bin collections
Before you report a missed bin collection
- no changes to our service have been announced - check for updates on Twitter
- it was put out on the right day – find your collection day
- it was put out for collection by 6:30am (bins are emptied any time between 6:30am and 5pm)
- it was placed at the kerbside and could be clearly seen
- it contained the correct items – check what goes in each bin
- if the crew have put a sticker on your bin explaining why it was not emptied
- that the lid was closed - if the bin is so full that the bin does not close properly it will not be collected
- if it is a garden waste bin, you have paid your subscription for the year – find out more about garden waste
When to report a missed bin collection
Please do not report a missed bin until the end of the working day, and within 2 working days of your collection day.
If you report a missed bin after the 2 working days, it will not be collected.
What happens afterwards
When you have reported a missed collection, you must leave the bin at the kerbside in its usual position. Do not take the bin back in. If the bin is not at the kerbside when a crew returns you will have to wait until your next normal collection day (no additional waste will be taken).
All our vehicles are fitted with a live reporting system that allows collection crews to report any issues (such as bins containing the wrong items, bins that are not put out correctly and any other access issues). These will be checked prior to any re-collection, if an issue has been recorded the crews will not return.
What you can report
Please select your local area below to report missed:
- household waste and recycling collections
- special (assisted) collections
- clinical bags
- sharps boxes
- small electrical items (WEEE)
Select your local area for more information:
If your area isn't listed, you may be a resident of North Northamptonshire.
Last updated 23 September 2022