Skip to main contentAccessibility Statement

Temporary Event Notice

You will need a temporary event notice (TEN) licence if you

  • sell alcohol
  • provide regulated entertainment or
  • serve late-night refreshments (hot food and drink between 11:00pm and 5:00am)

This can be for up to seven days and for up to 499 people at any one time. The notice must be submitted to us at least 10 working days (or 5 for a late TEN). For more information please contact your local area:

To make an appointment with an officer please contact us.

The cost of a licence is £21.

Copyright licences

If you intend on playing recorded music in a public place you may need a Performing Rights Society licence. This is not something that is issued by us.

If you are showing films then you may also need a ‘non-theatrical’ film licence in addition to films being listed on your premises licence. For further information please see showing films in public.

Apply for a Temporary Event Notice

You will be prompted to create an account before you complete a TENs application. This is to enable to you to be able to save progress through the form and complete it at a later date if you wish.

Select the local area that the event is being held in:

If your area isn't listed, you may be a resident of North Northamptonshire.

Why information is on a different website
We are in the process of adding information to this new unitary council website. Some pages will give you a link back to a previous council website to help you find what you need. Read more about the council changes.

Last updated 05 April 2022