Skip to main contentAccessibility Statement

Financial assessments

Updates to your financial assessment

Everyone's circumstances change from time to time. To make sure you always pay the correct contribution towards your care you must tell us about any changes.

We’ll also carry out a yearly review of your financial information.

Types of changes you must tell us about

You should tell us if:

  • anyone who lives with you moves out, or someone moves in
  • the details of the person handling your affairs change
  • your capital changes - this could be because you win or inherit money, or receive shares from a company
  • you start to receive a private or occupational pension
  • you start to receive attendance allowance or personal independence payment
  • the level of attendance allowance, disability living allowance or personal independence payment you receive changes
  • you are planning to move, for example from your own home to a care home

It is important that you tell us if something needs updating as soon as possible. This is because any change that results in an increase in the amount you must pay will be backdated to the date of the change.

Yearly reviews

The amount you must pay will change at least once every year, for example, if your state benefits increase.

We will send you a notification each year to advise you how your weekly contribution has been calculated for the coming year. This will be based on the information that you have previously provided, as well as any expected income (which you must tell us about).

Please make sure you check the information on the notification and tell us if something needs updating or is missing, incorrect or has changed.

How to tell us if something needs updating

You can contact us to tell us if your financial assessment needs updating because:

  • something is missing or incorrect
  • you have had a change of circumstances

You can call the Financial Assessment Team on 0300 126 3200 or email the team at [email protected].

Last updated 13 November 2023