Sports development / Club facility development privacy notice
1 Council contact details
West Northamptonshire Council
One Angel Square
Tel: 0300 126 7000
email: [email protected]
2 Information that we hold
2.1 We currently collect and process the following information for sports development and facility development:
- Contact details; email, telephone number, address
- Personal details; age, gender, health conditions, ethnicity
- Contact details; address, email, telephone number, website
3 How the information is obtained
3.1 Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- For individuals and/or groups registering to take part in sports development activity delivered directly by the Council or where the Council is responsible for the registration process
- We are updating our contact list for sports clubs and organisations involved in physical activity
- Information may be collected indirectly through National Governing Bodies of Sport, Sport England, Northamptonshire Sport, as sources of data
3.2 There are a number of reasons why we need to collect and use your personal information. Generally, we collect and use personal information where:
- you have requested a service from us
- you have made your information publicly available
- it is necessary for archiving, research, or statistical purposes. For these purposes your data would be used in a pseudonymised format (name and other identifying information replaced with a unique number)
4 What we do with the information
4.1 We use the information that you have given us in order to
- Retain activity registration details
- Hold personal details in case of emergency whilst under the duty of care of the Council
- Report statistics to demonstrate attendance on physical activity programmes delivered by the Council
- To maintain our contact list for sports clubs and organisations involved in physical activity
4.2 We may share this information with
- Only Council staff involved in the delivery of sports development, health initiatives and facility development will have access to the personal information
- Publicly available information will be shared with members of the public when council officers are responding to enquiries relating to sports facilities
- Club websites will be shared with members of the public seeking to join the club / organisation. If the organisation does not have a website then the club contact details will be shared with the public, although clubs can opt in to this option
- We will use the information to send clubs information on sports development, potential health / sports projects that may interest clubs, sports coaches training opportunities, possible funding opportunities, information from National Governing Bodies of Sport, ,Sport England, Active Partnership (Northamptonshire Sport) and opportunities to increase / encourage sports delivery
4.4 Profiling is where you analyse parts of an individual’s personality, behaviour, interests and habits to identify their preferences, make predictions or decisions about them.
Personal data will be used to analyse generalised groups of people attending and taking part in physical activity and sports development. For example (this list is not exhaustive):
- Post code
- Frequency to participate in physical activity
- Physical activity preferences
This information is used to provide intelligence relating to sports development and physical activity and to improve the services provided by the Council and/or being advised by the Council.
5 How long we keep your information for and how we securely dispose of it after use
5.1 We keep your personal information for all aspects of processing in line with the council’s retention schedules.
5.2 We will securely dispose of your information in line with the council's retention schedules.
6 How we store your information
6.1 Your information is securely stored on the council’s systems.
7 Your data protection rights
7.1 The law gives you a number of rights to control what personal information is used by us and how we can use it. Please see section 15 of the council’s Corporate Privacy Notice for further information.
7.2 Please be aware that your rights may differ depending on the lawful basis for processing your personal data.
7.3 The right to withdraw consent (if applicable). You can ask that we no longer use your details for this: evaluation of physical activity participation and sports club data base.
If you wish to exercise this right, please contact the Data Protection Officer detailed in section 8.1 below.
8 Who to contact
8.1 If you would like further information about how we use your personal information, or you wish to exercise one of your data rights or you wish to complain about the use of your personal information please contact the Data Protection Officer.
8.2 If you are still dissatisfied with how we have used your data once you have made a complaint through the council’s internal complaints procedure you have the right to complain to the ICO.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
9 Changes to this privacy notice
9.1 Privacy notices are live documents, which will be updated or revised in line with legislation.
Last updated 10 May 2022