Country Parks privacy notice
1 Council Contact Details
1.1 West Northamptonshire Council
One Angel Square
Tel: 0300 126 7000
Email address: [email protected]
Web address: https://www.westnorthants.gov.uk/country-parks
2 Information that we hold
2.1 We currently collect and process the following information to administer your season ticket at the West Northamptonshire country parks; or to hire space:
- your contact details (full name, full address including post code, your telephone number and optionally your email address)
- payment and transaction data
- your vehicle registration number(s) if applicable
We currently collect and process the following information to enable you to volunteer at West Northamptonshire country parks:
- employee data for volunteers
- your bank account details for payment of expenses if applicable
- your next of kin contact details (full name, full address including post code, telephone number)
- disability or medical needs if this will affect your ability to participate in volunteering activities or where adjustments need to be made to activities to accommodate this (for example, allergies, asthma, resources needing to be printed on coloured paper, wheelchair access).
2.2 Further information can be found at West Northamptonshire’s country parks.
3 How the information is obtained
3.1 Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you through one of the following means:
- when you complete an application form for a pass to our country parks or to volunteer to support at one
- when you apply for our services, such as booking to attend an event or hire space
- when you contact us in relation to your season ticket or volunteering via the phone, email, post, digitally website or passed to one of our staff in person
- when you sign up to become part of a network or group we facilitate
- in insurance claims or other documents
We also receive personal information indirectly from the following sources, in the following scenarios:
- organisations that sign post you to us, such as volunteer centres with your consent
- project partners
- social networks
- government and law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies
3.2 There are a number of reasons why we need to collect and use your personal information. Generally, we collect and use personal information where:
- it is necessary to meet our legal obligations under the Employment Rights Act 1996 and Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller (UK GDPR Article 6 1 (e))
- you have requested a service from us
- you have entered into a contract with us
- it is required for the defence of legal cases; and
- it is necessary for law enforcement reasons and to prevent and detect fraud or crime
4 What we do with the information
4.1 We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- process your season ticket to our country parks
- send you communications, which you have requested and that may be of interest to you
- process requests that you have submitted in accordance with the relevant criteria and terms and conditions
- notify you of changes to our services
For volunteering, we use the information that you have given us to:
- contact you with details of volunteering opportunities
- provide accessible, safe and where necessary tailored volunteering opportunities and training, that take into account your personal circumstances and/or limitations
- contact your next of kin in the event of an accident or incident whilst volunteering
- reimburse you financially for expenses occurred in the course of your volunteering (in accordance with our expenses policy)
- provide you with exemption from daily parking charges whilst volunteering
- the information will only be used for the purposes stated when it was collected. Information will not be sold, rented or provided to anyone else, or used for any other purpose than that for which it was originally collected unless required to by law
4.2 Information may be shared in the following circumstances:
- relevant staff within West Northamptonshire Council, this will include our Customer Services Team who deal with your application and the issue of your season ticket
- we will not sell or rent your information to third parties or share your information with third parties for marketing purposes
- we will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law. Any information sharing is undertaken in accordance with UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. We have mechanisms in place to share information lawfully and securely
5 How long we keep your information for and how we securely dispose of it after use
5.1 We keep your personal information for this group of processing in line with the council’s retention schedules.
A copy of the retention schedule can be requested through Records and information management.
5.2 We will securely dispose of your information in line with the Council's Retention Schedules.
6 How we store your information
6.1 Your information is securely stored on the council’s systems, in which the servers are UK based.
7 Your data protection rights
7.1 The law gives you a number of rights to control what personal information is used by us and how we can use it. Please see section 15 of the Council’s Corporate Privacy Notice for further information.
7.2 Please be aware that your rights may differ depending on the lawful basis for processing your personal data.
7.3 The right to withdraw consent (if applicable). You can ask that we no longer use your details for these groups of processing. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact the Data Protection Officer.
8 Who to contact
8.1 If you would like further information about how we use your personal information, or you wish to exercise one of your data rights or you wish to complain about the use of your personal information please contact the Data Protection Officer.
8.2 If you are still dissatisfied once you have contacted the Data Protection Officer, you have the right to complain to the ICO.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
This privacy notice was completed on 24 March 2022
Review date is March 2023
Last updated 06 July 2023