Housing needs survey privacy notice
1. Council Contact Details
For the Daventry area
Housing and Communities Directorate
West Northamptonshire Council
Tel: 0300 126 7000
Email: [email protected]
For the South Northamptonshire area
2. Your personal information - what we need and why
West Northamptonshire Council (the data controller for the personal information you provide in this form) collects personal information in order to identify and evaluate local housing need. The information we hold, should it be provided, includes your name, address, email address and telephone number and other information you provide on this form.
The council collects this information in order to fulfil its statutory duty (under the 1985 Housing Act) to investigate housing needs and examine ways of meeting those needs.
The information collected is anonymised, with any personably identifiable information removed, before being analysed and included in a report to be published on line. The information you provide also allows us to work with Housing Associations and developers in order to try and meet any identified need.
3. How we keep your information safe
The council take your data security seriously. The information you provide will be held securely.
4. Who we share your data with
The Council sometimes shares your data with the following:
- Shared internally with other Council services to ensure our records are accurate and up-to-date, and to improve the standard of the services we deliver.
- The Planning Inspectorate in connection with a development plan or neighbourhood plan examination or in connection with a planning appeal
- With a Housing Association, where they assist us with rural housing developments.
- With Neighbourhood Plan Qualifying Bodies
All personal information you provide is held and shared securely. The Council will not disclose your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes and we will not share your data with any third parties not identified above unless we are required or permitted to do so by law.
5. How long does the Council keep your data?
We will keep your information for as long as it is required by us or other regulatory bodies in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or for other operational reasons. In most cases this will be a minimum of six years after which time it will be securely destroyed.
6. Your Data Rights and Our Privacy Statement
For further information about how West Northamptonshire Council uses your personal data, including your rights as a data subject, please see our Corporate Privacy Notice available on the website (an alternative format can be provided at request). If you are unhappy with the use of your personal data or for further information, please contact the council’s Data Protection Officer.